Dr Naveen Bhamri is one of the top 10 cardiologist in India. With more than 20 years of experience and a track record of treating more than 20,000 patients.
A cardiologist is a doctor who has special training in identifying, treating, and preventing diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
What do a cardiologist do? (Top 10 Cardiologist in India)
Cardiovascular diseases affect the heart and blood vessels. A cardiologist’s job is to find, avoid, and treat these diseases. Here are the diseases:
- Heart attack
- Failure of the heart
- High blood pressure
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats)
- Problems with the heart valves
- Heart infections
A cardiologist can see people in a hospital or in their office. They may do a physical exam, order tests like blood tests, electrocardiograms (ECG), exercise stress tests, or imaging studies of the heart, understand and interpret test results to figure out what kind of medical problem a patient might have, and write prescriptions for treatment.
Advice by Cardiologist
Every cardiologist would suggest patients to switch to a healthier lifestyle, learn to manage stress and cut down on salt, alcohol and smoking for the sake of their heart health.
- Talk to you about how to avoid heart disease.
- Do some procedures, like a cardiac catheterization or putting in a pacemaker.
- If needed, send you to a heart surgeon or an invasive cardiologist.
Many cardiologists take teaching as their profession and help create many more cardiologist to serve the society.
When to visit a cardiologist?
Our visit to a cardiologist is not defined by age. However, one should see a cardiologist at your middle age in case your physician suggests. If they think it’s important, they may send you to a cardiologist. You may need to see a cardiologist early if you:
- Have been recommended by your primary care doctor;
- Have an unhealthy lifestyle, such as not getting enough exercise, smoking, drinking too much, eating poorly, and having a lot of stress.
- Long-term health problems
- In case of heart disease symptoms like pain in the chest, jaw, or shoulders, palpitations, excessive sweating, confusion, and a feeling of unease.
- Have congenital (born) heart diseases;
Visit Dr Naveen Bhamri for heart health related matters.