Dr Naveen Bhamri is the best cardiologist in Shalimar Bagh. Dr Naveen Bhamri is available at Max Hospital, Shalimar Bagh for Consultations.
In the United States, heart disease is the main cause of death.
What kinds of heart problems are there? (Consult the best cardiologist in shalimar bagh)
Heart disease includes a wide range of problems with the heart and blood vessels. Heart disease is an umbrella term for a number of illnesses and conditions. Some kinds of heart problems are:
• Arrhythmia. An arrhythmia is a change in the way the heart beats.
• Atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is when the arteries get hard.
• Cardiomyopathy. This disease makes the heart’s muscles stiffen or lose strength.
• Heart problems from birth. Congenital heart diseases are problems with the heart that are already there when a person is born.
• CAD, or coronary artery disease. Plaque builds up in the arteries of the heart, which leads to CAD. Ischemic heart disease is another name for it.
•Diseases of the heart. People can get heart diseases from bacteria, viruses, or parasites.
Why does someone get heart disease?
Heart disease is a group of illnesses and conditions that cause problems with the heart and blood vessels. Plaque builds up in the arteries, which leads to atherosclerosis and CAD. Here are some other reasons why people get heart disease.
What are some things that could lead to heart disease?
About 47% people have at least one risk factor for heart disease, according to the CDC.
Some of these risk factors are:
- High blood pressure
- High levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and low amounts of “good” cholesterol (HDL)
- Lack of exercise
How are heart diseases diagnosed?
To figure out if you have heart disease, your doctor may order a number of tests and checks. Some of these tests can be done even if you don’t have any symptoms of heart disease. Others may be used to try to figure out what might be causing symptoms when they show up.
Exams of the body and blood tests
The first thing your doctor will do is look at your body and listen to what signs you’ve been having. Then they will want to know about your family’s health background and your own. Some heart problems can be caused by your genes. Tell your doctor about this if someone in your immediate family has heart trouble.
Blood tests are often asked for. This is because they can help your doctor look for signs of inflammation and see how much cholesterol you have.
Heart disease can be found with a number of tests that don’t hurt the patient.
• Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG). This test can check the electrical action of your heart and let your doctor know if anything is wrong.
• Echocardiogram. With this test, your doctor can get a clear picture of how your heart is built.
• Test for stress. This test is done while you are doing something hard, like walking, running, or riding a stationary bike. During the test, your doctor will be able to see how your heart reacts to changes in how hard you work.
Other Tests include
• Ultrasound of the carotid. Your doctor may order this ultrasound test so that he or she can get a clear picture of your carotid arteries.
• Holter monitor. Your doctor may want you to wear this heart rate monitor for 24 to 48 hours. It gives them a better look at how your heart is working.
• Tilt table test. If you have recently fainted or felt dizzy when you stood up or sat down, your doctor may order this test. During it, you are strapped to a table and slowly raised or lowered while your heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen levels are monitored.
• Cardiac MRI. A heart MRI, like a CT scan, can show a very clear picture of your heart and blood vessels.
Invasive tests (Consult the best cardiologist in shalimar bagh, cardiologist near me)
If a physical check, blood tests, and other noninvasive tests don’t tell your doctor what’s wrong, he or she may want to look inside your body to find out what’s causing any strange symptoms. Heart catheterization and arterial angiography are two examples of invasive tests. Your doctor may put a tube through your groyne and into your heart. With the catheter, they will be able to test the heart and blood systems. Your doctor can do a coronary angiography once this tube is in your heart. During a coronary angiography, a dye is injected into the heart’s small, fragile vessels and capillaries. The colour helps make a very clear X-ray picture.
• A study of electrophysiology. During this test, your doctor may use a catheter to connect sensors to your heart. Once the electrodes are in place, your doctor can send electric pulses through and record how the heart reacts.
Does heart disease have a cure? (Consult the best cardiologist in shalimar bagh)
Heart problems can’t be fixed or fixed backwards. It needs to be treated and carefully watched for the rest of the person’s life. Medications, procedures, and changes in how you live can help ease many of the signs of heart disease. If these don’t work, you might need a coronary intervention or bypass treatment.
Make an appointment to see your doctor if you think you might have signs of heart disease or if you have risk factors for heart disease. Together, you and your partner can figure out how to stay healthy by weighing your risks, doing a few screening tests, and making a plan.
Before a diagnosis can be made, it’s important to take care of your general health. This is especially true if someone in your family has had heart disease or if you have health problems that make you more likely to get heart disease. Taking care of your heart and body can help you for a long time.
About Dr. Naveen Bhamri
Dr. Naveen Bhamri is an Interventional cardiologist with more than 20 years of experience. He is an exceptional Cardiologist offering excellent patient care and also spreads awareness through educational programs, webinars, and national and international conferences.
Dr. Naveen Bhamri has always focused on innovation when it comes to saving the lives of his patients and also maintaining the quality of their life.
He has been conferred with Chikitsa Ratan Award and Lifetime Achievement Award.
The Economic Times and Times Business Awards have awarded him the Best Cardiologist Award for Innovation in Cardiology & Patient Care. He has also received the Super Indian Award at the Swastha Bharat Health Conclave.
Dr Bhamri has keen interest in complex coronary and peripheral angioplasties, Imaging, Rotablation, AICD, CRTD, and PDA Devices. He & his team are the first ones to perform maximum number of TAVI cases in Delhi.
Dr. Naveen Bhamri is the best cardiologist in Delhi, Best Cardiologist in India, Best Cardiologist in Rohini, Best Cardiologist in Shalimar Bagh, Best Cardiologist in Pitampura, Best Cardiologist at Max Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Best Cardiologist in Max Shalimar Bagh, Best Cardiologist in Fortis Shalimar Bagh.